An integrated circuit (IC) is an electronic component that incorporates and interconnects a multitude of miniature electronic devices, mostly transistors, on a single piece of semiconductor material, typically silicon. VLSI, Very Large Scale Integration is all about Integrated Circuit (IC) design. In other words it is called Chip design. Integrated circuit design is a subset of electrical engineering and computer engineering, consisting the particular logic and circuit design techniques required to design integrated circuits.
At our center we provide verilog and system verilog courses are provided, where upon course completion will be gaining knowledge on Design flow, design modeling of IC and verification.
In the Industry the main job functions of a Chip Designer are Designing, Testing, Applications, Production and Process Engineering. The job options available to the engineers in this field are Design Engineer, CAD Engineer, Packaging Engineer, Product Engineer, Applications/Systems engineer, Test Engineer, Process Engineer.
- VLSI Verilog
- VLSI System Verilog
- MATLAB for Electronics
- Employability Proficiency Program
IC Design kinds
Design Engineer- Mainly responsible for the design implementation.
- ASIC – Application Specific Integrated Circuit design
- FPGA – Field Programmable Gate Arrays
- AMS – Analog Mixed Signal design
- DFT – Design for Test
- Custom Designs – Transistor level
- PCB – Board Design
Verification Engineer- Verifies the design and makes sure that the design works properly.Huge demand for this position because 70% of the projects in India are the verification projects.
- Front-end verification – simulation
- Acceleration/Emulation – Validation
- Hardware Software co-verification
- Product validation – Validating the EDA tools
- Behavioral Modeling – modeling the design
- Verification IP implementation – TB developers
JOB Roles for IC design
- Front-end designer – ASIC/FPGA
- Back-end designer
- AMS designer
- DFT engineer
- PCB designer – Board design
- Library developer
JOB Roles on IC Verification
- Front-end verification engineers
- Validation engineers
- Modeling engineers
- Verification Consultants
Apart from these Application engineer, CAD engineers are some of the job roles in this industry.