Embedded systems in general and microcontrollers in particular are playing a key role in today’s industrial automation and remote monitoring era for enhanced productivity and reduced costs.
An embedded system is an electronic or computer system that is designed to control, access the data in electronics based systems. Embedded system comprises a single chip microcontroller such as ARM, Cortex, and also FPGAs, microprocessors, ASICs and DSPs. In the present times, the usage of embedded systems is widespread. Embedded-system based projects are capable of doing multitasks, and are also capable of interfacing with the other networks and devices.
Microcontrollers are widely used in modern electronic equipment. Some basic applications of microcontroller Biomedical Instruments, Peripheral controller in PC, Robotics, Automobile fields, Mobile Phones, Auto Mobiles, CD/DVD Players, Washing Machines, Cameras, Security Alarms, Electronic Measurement Instruments., Microwave Oven.
- Advanced Microcontroller
- MATLAB for Electronics
- Employability Proficiency Program
Tools under Microcontroller are very much required for the development of any electronic product. The commonly used tools are:
- Keil µVision
Job Market for Embedded Systems Engineers
- Automotive Microcontrollers Market worth 1,886.4 Million USD by 2022
- Microcontroller marketsize is estimated to reach $15.7 billion by 2022 from $8.6 billion in 2015, growing at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2016 to 2022.
- Much of the growth in embedded computer systems will be propelled by more sophisticated, cloud connected embedded systems, which will have faster chips, better connectivity and more advanced operating systems and analytical software.
- The global microcontroller market is expected to reach USD 26.98 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc.
- Advancement in Internet of Thing (IoT) applications in order to build smart devices is expected to drive the industry demand over the next six years.